Fortunately, I know Gail pretty well. We’ve worked together before so I already had a good idea of what would work for her and what wouldn’t. Extra fortunately, she’d done a lot of work over the holiday period and knew exactly who her key target client was. After a long chat about how she saw the business working, the kind of clients she wants to win, and what the family did over Christmas, I set to work to build a concept. I normally send through all three concepts together, so clients can pick between them, but because we were pushed for time I sent the first one as soon as I finished it. Just as well – we’d nailed it first time.
A matter of days later, with all her stationery sorted, we moved on to the website. We’d cracked most of the visual elements of the brand. Now it was time to look at the structure and the content. After much to-ing and fro-ing, with several rewrites and nudges, we had something we’re both delighted with.